The 2022-2023 Student Advisory Group
Fifteen high school students from across the Bay Area will participate in UCBHSSP's 2022-2023 Student Advisory Group.
Participants will explore the question - How can students use their voice (and understanding of the past) to become agents of change? Working collaboratively, students will identify a problem in their community and apply change analysis strategies in order to communicate a solution and spread awareness. Students enrolled in public schools and students who participated in the previous student advisory board are especially encouraged to apply. Flier
In December 2021, the UC Berkeley History-Social Science Project launched its first student advisory group. This group of diverse high school students from across the Bay Area researched, wrote about and shared undertold histories of the Bay Area. Check out the student work and the lesson sequence it informed.
Are you a Bay Area high school student?
Do you want to:
- Learn about the people's history of the Bay Area?
- Solve a problem in your community and identify its historical roots?
- Connect with other Bay Area students who love history?
Apply to Participate!
Due Date: Application Period Closed
If you have questions about the application, email us at email@example.com. Share the flier with young people.
- Interest in making change in your community
- Excitement about learning about how the past impacts today
- Enjoyment working with others
- Desire to share your learning with an audience (real or virtual)
Meeting Dates: December 1, January 12, February 9, March 16, April 20, May 11
Meeting Time: 4-6pm on zoom