About UCBHSSP's Student Advisory Group
In December 2021, the UC Berkeley History-Social Science Project will launch its first student advisory group. This group of diverse high school students from across the Bay Area will engage in directed inquiry to research, write and share undertold histories of the Bay Area with a broader public. Their work will, in turn, inform the work UCBHSSP shares with history teachers and will grow our understanding of the history of our communities.
Are you a Bay Area high school student?
Do you want to:
- Learn about the people's history of the Bay Area?
- Research, write, and share the history of your community?
- Connect to other Bay Area students who love history?
Due Date: Deadline extended through November 12, 2021 (flyer)
We will contact you about your application by November 15.
If you have questions about the application, email us email@example.com.
Link to application: https://tinyurl.com/UCB-SAG-APPLY
- Interest in how historical narratives are developed
- Drafting questions, doing research, discussing your learning
- Excitement about working with others
- Desire to share your learning with an audience (real or virtual)
Meeting Dates and Time:
- Dec 6, Jan 10, Feb 7, Mar 7, Apr 18, May 9
- 4-6pm on Zoom