California’s newly adopted History-Social Science Framework presents teachers with a new model of instruction. By teaching students to think critically, empathize, recognize moral choices, and make their voices heard, we put in their hands the possibility—and the responsibility—to do the serious work demanded of us all as citizens.
Join the UC Berkeley History-Social Science Project and Facing History - Bay Area office for this day long workshop.
Date: July 26th, 2017
Location: UC Berkeley
Time: 9 a.m.- 3p.m.
In the workshop teachers will:
· Learn about the key shifts included in the H-SS Framework
· Use UCBHSSP planning tools to develop questions to organize a year of study
· Explore Facing History content that addresses the civic engagement strand of the H-SS Framework
After this workshop teachers will:
1. Become part of the Facing History and UBHSSP educator networks, with access to a rich slate of educator resources, including downloadable unit and lesson plans, study guides, and online tools.
2. Be able to borrow books and DVDs from Facing History’s lending library at no cost.
3. Receive coaching and support as you implement this unit in your classroom.
Please register by visiting the Facing History Bay Area website
Lunch will be provided for all participants.